Sunday, January 29, 2006

CNY!!!!!

CNY Special 22

Yes... 22nd blog and its CNY !!!! Happy Chinese New Year to everyone who celebrates and those who doesn't. All the best in the New Year of DOG!!!!


As usual, my 1st day of CNY, Chor 1, my family would visit all our relatives in turns. We travelled north to Sg. Buloh and then south to Cheras. The long journey on the car was nothing when i got to get angpaus', load of them, ngek ngek ngek.


Dik Dong Chiang! Dick Dong Chiang! Chiang! Chiang!
And the morning was lightened by the drums and clamps of the lion dance troupe who came to the neighbour's house. I leaped out of bed after hearing that, grabbed my camera and ran out with my pyjamas on.


Drum chased away Nian and brought hope to the world



Lions preparing offerings from mandarin oranges.



Let's have a nap.



dik dong chiang dik dong chiang chiang chiang



great show... the lions, resting....



Praying altar from the previous night.



After the lion dance, its time to wash up and start our day. First we went to uncles place.


Ok, u didn't bath but give face play with you
Its your year anyway.



Bro riding the old yamaha

My uncles lives in a new village in Sg. Buloh. It's not so strict on road regulations there, so i took the motorcycle out for a ride. I do not possess a riding license but since even 10 yr olds ride bikes at the village, i ignored the rules. I ride without an helmet.

Then, we left about noon after the vegetarian lunch prepared by my aunt to the next uncle at cheras. The traffic was exceptionally smooth and we managed to reach in half an hour.

It's the same thing at uncle's place where we ate and drink, ate and drink and watched tv when the older generation had their chat. I was too bored and take a photo of my baby niece. Then played with nephew Marvin in his imaginary car.


Hi, Trisha!
She delighted with all the cookies and food for CNY


Little Marvin. Envied his natural brown hair.

We spent 2 hours at uncle's place and went to another relative's for a visit. After that, we headed home exhausted. Fun to find my pocket... full of angpau's ngek ngek ngek...



CNY Special 22

No comments: