Sunday, March 12, 2006

Uma Rani

Those who lives at Sentul and along Jalan Ipoh should be very familiar with the name. I used to visit this indian (not mamak, they do not sell beef) restaurant during my schoolboy days when i had my tuition nearby. It used to be an ordinary restaurant which offers normal teh tariks and roti's. After 2 years, i went back to the same shop. I was greeted by an alien new restaurant. I thought Uma Rani had ceased operation and taken over by a new tenant. But upon closer inspection, its the same old Uma Rani!


The new Uma Rani

They rented the level above the ground floor and renovated it into an air-conditioned to accommodate more seats. I heard from my friend that they renovated it for 1 year already. Its kinda late for me to talk about it. anyway....


Wide window for better view

The decoration on the first floor is lavish. It has a bar and also chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.


Chandelier. Too much for a mamak stall ok!


a bar

The mamak stall looks more like a cafe now. I ordered roti planta and tosai. The food was not as good as it used to be. And i was disappointed the the nasi lemak was sold out.



I gulped down a cup of neslo and there goes my Sunday breakfast. I heard that they had a projector TV on Saturday and Sunday nights to show live football matches. Uma Rani would be packed with people until the wee hours in the morning.

No comments: